Saturday 27 October 2012

FINISHED.

Well it's over, I did it. See:
30ish days later... There are a complete set of pics in the previous blog post
(I knew all you ladies were wondering that)


Yesterday was the last day of Decembulk, the era has ended. There was some things I hated about Decembulk, and some things I loved. For those of you who saw the results, I think you can guess the part I loved. For those who didn't, RECAP:

In 33 days, I lost:
- 4.6 lbs
- 8.6 % of my body fat,

Which means my lean muscle mass went from:
- 145.225 lbs
to
- 157.1284 lbs

I gained 11.9 lbs of MUSCLE in ONE FUCKING MONTH and lost 16.5 lbs of fat (that part is new)

That being said, after the hell-week, there is a super-compensation week. During this week you don't workout at all and you eat over 3000 kcals a day. The idea is that you are still burning fat and building muscle. For me, this super-compensation wasn't overly successful, but I am at fault. It was my midterm week so I hardly even ate the kcals required and I definitely didn't follow the proper protein-carb-fat macros suggested in the Decembulk manual. 

Long story short: 
My weight stayed the same, and my BF% barely moved during the super-compensation week. This does allow one to consider a few things however...
- I was eating approx. 3000kcals a day and pretty much whatever I wanted from 5pm to about 8 or 9pm everyday for a week, and yes, this included delicious chocolate cheesecake, and I still gained no fat. Clearly my body was burning fuel in a whole new way despite the fact I didn't gain any more noticeable muscle weight. 
- Scotty did the same super-compensation week, but was able to eat much more than me. He gained another 4ish pounds of muscle sitting on his ass during super-compensation week. (That's what's supposed to happen btw).

Let's move onto some additional random thoughts about the whole thing.

1. Doing this program was not easy, it required a lot of discipline at different times for different things. BUT, if you do it, and do it properly, you will get results. I AM PROOF OF THAT.
2. I did my best to follow every aspect of Decembulk to the best of my ability. As you know I didn't take every single supplement, and I stuck to the highest recommended ones. As far as the workouts went, I followed them 100%. As far as the eating/diet portion went, I say I followed it 85% -- I always ate the proper foods, I just didn't track macros too religiously.
3. The point of point 2 was, if you actually followed Decembulk 100% in all aspects, you will be huge in ONE MONTH. I got great results being mostly committed. Imagine you were 100% committed. Also, one month is a pretty short period of time.  
4. Having a workout partner made this much easier, you often have to change weight during rest periods etc etc so it was nice to have someone else do it while I continued my circuits (especially during Hell-Week)
5. It's called Hell-Week for a reason. 
6. BCAA's helped me a ton with DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness)
7. If you don't like working out, do Decembulk, get killer results, and become addicted. 
8. Jason Maxwell of www.jmaxfitness.com must know his stuff. Follow him, use his advice, get swole.



Website: www.jmaxfitness.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jmaxfitness
Twitter: www.twitter.com/JasonKMaxwell


9. I can't wait to get back in the gym - starting again Monday doing Jason's personal workout plan - I am going to try and keep up with the master himself.


Of course Decembulk was difficult, of course I hated parts of it, but I would trade in the shitty parts for the results any day. I also couldn't of done it without the help of many.

First, obviously, Jason - without the program I would be 16 lbs of fat heavier and 12 pounds of muscle lighter.

Second, Scotty - without him I would've been pretty tempted to quit, or at least cheat. He was always keen to go to the gym, who would drive me to and fro and he would get swole. Just like me. Here's some proof btw:
Great Face

Better Face

Ripped back - thankfully, no face
Check previous posts for his before pics, but overall:
Start:
201 lbs
15.5% BF
169.8 lbs LBM

Finish:
200 lbs (-1 lb)
11% BF (-4.5%)
178 lbs LBM (+8.2 lbs)

Third, the lovely ladies, Krista and Lily. Sure, Lily really doesn't get the difference, she is only a small dog after all, but when I get home from the gym and just lay on the floor, the 4000 kisses help with the pain. Krista - you supported me every inch of the way, made carb free dinners (and celebratory cheesecake!) and would always provide an ego boost. It's an honour to get to marry you soon. 

Lastly, all my friends - As much as watching you munch on chicken finger pasta at noon was difficult, you guys always encouraged me to stick to it. 

Final thoughts:
1. I can really think of no reason to not try Decembulk (providing of course resistance training is okay-ed by your physician) 
2. Almost forgot about this part! We signed up for Tough Mudder next May! We now have a training goal - kick Tough Mudder's ass... By the way, this is tough mudder: www.toughmudder.com - I am excited to start training with Krista even though she hates me for signing her up (it was her 7 year anniversary gift - I'm a nice guy eh?)
3. Jason really does understand every aspect of strength and conditioning. He gives sound advice, and if you listen to his advice, you will get the results you are after. (And no, I am not on his payroll, and I am not just saying this. He is like my brother - if he was bullshitting, I would just tell him to stop bullshitting. That's the way things work with brothers.)
4. Relates to first point but remember: I am a full time student, who works part-time, plays 3 intramural sports and is applying to Physiotherapy school for next year. I have a thing or two on my plate and I was still able to never miss a workout and always give it my all. Don't pretend you don't have the time, because you do. The longest workout from when Scott picked me up on campus, to when we got home (both about 5-10 minute drives from the gym) was probably 1hr and 15 minutes. 80% of workouts take about 45 minutes. 

Now get some discipline, purchase Decembulk below and go to the gym to get stronger, bigger, faster, healthier. 




No comments:

Post a Comment