Wednesday 19 September 2012

Day 1 of Accelerator and many first times.


It’s Decembulk Time – In October.




Day 1 – Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Well, here it goes… No carbs for 10 days, then 15 workout days over three weeks.

My name is Tyler Allen, and I would not call myself a gym rat. I love sports, I play them all, and I could play them all day long. However, then it comes to the gym, I have trouble keeping disciplined about going regularly.

So, when asked if I would test subject Decembulk, I thought: “here’s a good way to force yourself to be disciplined about working out… oh, and THE BEST way to see for yourself if the best man at your wedding knows what the hell he’s talking about.”

Oh yea! Did I mention that I happen to be best friends with one of the best up and coming fitness professionals in Ontario (and probably North America, and probably the world). I know most of you reading this have already figured out that I am talking about Jason Kenneth Maxwell of www.jmaxfitness.com.
            
I have read each of Jason’s articles, and I know he knows a ton of useful information. I also worked out with him a couple of weeks ago. Long story short, we weigh the same, he lifts DOUBLE. What he says (and of course does) must work. (He also walks around in just his underwear a lot – I guess I might too if I looked like him…)
            
Now it’s my turn. Let’s make it work.

Not going to lie, I am nervous. But I am also excited.
            
Now this program requires 10 days of super strict eating (something I have never really done). Then 3 weeks with 15 days of workouts (2-a-days in the last week!!!) and of course the diet portion is still SUPER important. Now there will be lifting exercises that I have never done, but Jason will help me modify them to keep them safe, and Scotty will always be around to spot me.
            
There are also a lot of supplements suggested by Jason in this program. Since I am a beginner, and I previously owned none of them (AND I AM HELLA POOR!!), I Skyped Jason to see what I should do. He suggested the most important ones (obviously if in anyway possible, take what he tells you to take), some of which my roommate Scott (who will also be doing this) gave me for free, and others I picked up at Walmart. On sale. Super cheap. Supplements are something I have never really used, so this aspect should be interesting.
            
So that being said, I have eaten breakfast – carb free. BOOM! 1 meal down! I am going to the gym tonight with my beautiful fiancée to start that portion of all of this. Like I said, I am nervous, but with the help of Scotty (we’ll help eachother), the knowledge of Jason, and the support of Krista (and Lily!), I feel like 1 month is very doable. And let’s be serious, I will probably get huge.

Aside: I have also never blogged about anything before. All kinds of firsts happening here.

The BEFORE:
Weight: 185 lbs
Body Fat %: 21.5% (we used some free fat calipers but we'll just be consistent)

She's going to kill me for not cropping her out of the pictures, but look how close Krista was for support. These are the before pictures.










Get yours here:

1 comment:

  1. This is fucking sweet.

    You are going to kick ass my friend.

    ReplyDelete